Chair: John La Sala Members: previous award winners
The Colorado-Wyoming Section presents two awards annually – the Lifetime Achievement and the Transportation Professional of the Year.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented each year in December and is intended to honor an individual, who for an extended period of time, has contributed in an outstanding manner to the advancement of the transportation engineering profession, the Institute of Transportation Engineering, and the Colorado/Wyoming Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers. This award is only given to individuals that have given unselfishly of their time and talents to the furtherance of the transportation profession and their professional organization, and by example has inspired fellow professionals to greater service. It is intended that this Award be a periodic award rather than an annual award.
Minimum requirements for the Award are as follows:
- Has attained member grade or higher in the Institute of Transportation Engineers and is a member in good standing of the Colorado/Wyoming Section and;
- Has been active in the field of transportation engineering for ten (10) years or more, and;
- Has made continuous significant contributions to the transportation engineering profession for at least five (5) years.
The Transportation Professional of the Year Award is presented in May and recognizes notable professionalism and achievement by a Section member during the previous calendar year. A broad range of activities and achievement may be recognized by this award, including:
- Leadership or technical activities on a specific project.
- Leadership (including administration and training) or technical activities within an organization.
- Research activities and/or publications and presentations.
- Notable service to the Institute and/or the Colorado/Wyoming Section.
- Volunteer service effort (such as to community groups) that promotes the professional practice of transportation engineering.
A list of past award winners can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact the committee chair.